Pigment

Share your amazing ideas with the Pigment team! 

Submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Pigment for iOS. You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas. We review every request that finds its way here, so keep those creative ideas coming!
  1. Blur Brush

Please create a brush for blurring colors. The blend brush is too much blend/blurring for small places and picks up colors in areas that are outside of the auto sections, often blending the wrong colors.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple Pencil Disables Finger Drawing

When using my Apple Pencil/stylus, the back of my hand sometimes hits the screen and messes up my drawing. Having a mode that disables drawing with fingers when an Apple Pencil is connected (like on the default apple notes app) would be very useful.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: we had a chance to review and think this is an awesome idea. Our engineers have started work on this feature. It should be available in our next release. Thanks to everyone who voted!

3. Show tools, colors, and palettes used in shared gallery pictures

It would be nice to see what tools a creator used through out their coloring process. For instance, it would be cool to know that the artist use the airbrush affect as their tool of choice.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. @Suz1213 is an important asset to the Pigment community

Susie has created hundreds of beautiful designs for Pigment users. Her mandalas are enjoyed by thousands of us. Her work should be collected in books, both because she deserves to be acknowledged and accessible to more users, and because it would be so delightful to be able to use the advanced tools when coloring her work. Thanks!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hex/RGB Code Picker

I’d love the ability to use hex codes when picking a color. Or RGB.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Crayon

Crayon tool please

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spray paint brush

Similar to the splatter brush but more control and well-defined

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add effects and filters to your finished work

Another coloring app that I use has options at the end to add effects to your finished work. You can remove the lines or change the color of the lines. You can also add background effects. For example, you can make your work look like it's on canvas or wood or fabric. You can add glitter or snow. I think Pigment could be a superior app to that one, but I will come in the other more simply because I can take out the black lines. It really makes the end result much more beautiful workout the black lines.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow my followers list to be sorted alphabetically.

I occasionally want to see what some of my fellow artists are doing. When you have a lot of followers, it’s hard to find someone because the list is not sorted alpha. I have no idea how it is listed, but it makes no sense now. Please allow me to sort OR make alpha the default.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. See all colored versions of each coloring page

This was integrated into Pigment recently, however, you can only see other colored versions of any given page if, and only if, you haven't already started coloring it. What good is this to someone who is using previously colored versions of any particular page as inspiration? We need to be able to look at the colored page *while* we're coloring that page. And also, if we want to color the same page multiple different ways, we can't see the already colored pages once we have already colored that page the first time.

Thanks to the developers for making this available,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathleen, thanks so much for writing in this suggestion. We 100% agree and are actively fixing this now. We first rolled out this version of the feature to gauge whether or not people liked it. Since the result has been overwhelmingly positive, we are doing further development to add it to already-colored pages. This will be updated in our next version. Thanks for looking out! :)

11. Private Messaging Feature

Communicating through comments is nice and all but the ability to message people following you ( maybe make it a requirement that they have to be following you for you to message them ) would be nice. A messenger tab at the bottom would be ideal, easy to find!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharing user made color palettes

For those of us who struggle with color combinations, sharing user made color palettes would be a super welcome tool/option.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Date-time stamp for Gallery likes, comments, posts

It would be wonderful to be able to see the dates fellow Pigment users like, comment or follow on the Activity screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Collaboration!!!

How brilliant would a collaboration feature be? The original poster could choose to either 1) invite specific artists or 2) allow all to contribute to a collaborative piece. Without layers it might have to be restricted to adding on, as opposed to free rein, but even that would be a lovely addition for the Pigment community!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clarifying community guidelines

In response to Pigment’s post today on Facebook about the roles/expectations of community members:

Overall, I agree with this post and am glad to see it. Maybe Pigment could open a thread/section on your Uservoice forum where users could give feedback on how the gallery and the community experience to continue this kind of discussion between users and staff? Since there is not a place for that, I’m going to comment here.

The two points in this post that gave me pause was: (1) “discuss personal feelings and anger towards Pigment guidelines in a public setting;” and (2) “discuss personal…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful suggestions. Creating, managing, and maintaining a positive, safe space in any social network is pretty complicated, and of course comes with its own challenges. We try our best to keep everyone happy – a tall order! – and community guidelines help us do that.

We were pretty deliberate in the language used in our blog post, and I do apologize if you felt badly about anything that was said.

The main takeaways from the 2 sentences you reference should be “anger” and “disturbing.” Of course discuss Pigment and what you are working on; how the app has helped you; ask for tips and tricks. But it is when the language turns ugly and angry that is the problem. Free speech doesn’t quite exist in an insular social network on a mobile app, and by signing up for the Gallery, everyone agrees to…

16. A notification that tells you if you have been put on the popular page after 24 hours

I love drawing but I also love knowing others have seen my drawings so I originally set my goals to be on the popular page( is still my goal) but after scrolling down (way down) I realized that some of my previous drawings actually did make it on the popular page but I had no way of knowing. I think alternatively an achievement or a series of achievements for gaining likes followers and one for the number of drawings you have colored would be awesome. And for completing these achievements non members will gain brushes, textures, or pages they don’t…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a search feature for users

Look up users so you can follow friends who are on the app too. It’s frustrating to hear that a friend is using Pigment too but the only way to follow them is to hopefully stumble across a picture.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Heart your favorite drawings in your own gallery

In your published work, to be able to like or heart your favorite pieces so when people are looking at your gallery they can go to your favorites. In case they are too far down in the gallery.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More simple pages

Add more pages that are simple without all the complicated detail

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)