Skip to content

Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

6 results found

1. Add the color picker also for page background

Please add the color picker tool also for the color selection of the color of a page. This would help me a lot in finding the right color. As it is already implemented for choosing e.g. the font color, it should be easy to have it as well for the page backgrounds.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE:  We previously stated that the eye dropper tool already exists for page backgrounds.  The eye dropper is something our designers and developers are working on but it's not quite ready for release.  We erred and we're so sorry! 🤭

2. Calligraphy pen writing tool

Now that smoothing has been introduced (yay!) I’d like to see a calligraphy tool introduced to do custom lettering. I tried using the highlighter tool (because it is tapered) with max opacity, but I wasn’t getting the small skinny up strokes and thick downstrokes that I wanted with the highlighter. Plus, if I use a light shade with the highlighter and run back over a section, I can see where I went back on my letter.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Folders / shelves - to organize by month, topic, or archive old journals

Organize journals by month, topic, or have an "archive" folder to put old journals.

Could also put folders inside a journal, so for example, what this user requested:

In a 12 months planner, I want to be able to close Out months when I’m finished with them, but easily reopen for reference later as needed. Or if my journal has several topics, be able to open and close those topics and work within one space at a time. Page organizing.

518 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create and save custom color palettes, including recents

Idea 1: Ability to create a palette of colors that could be used, for instance, throughout a themed journal or page. This would also allow the ability to save frequently used/favorite custom colors.

Idea 2: Hi there — I’m LOVING Zinnia and have spent hours today making journals and calendars. Something that’s taken tons of time and is very repetitive is having to use the color picker to select custom font colors for each new text box. It would be wonderful to have a recent swatch menu like the one you provide for the ink colors in the drawing part…

683 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to lasso text

Being able to use the lasso tool to better select text then an option to change the color of the text without having to write the same text with a different color. Doesn’t make sense to be rewriting things.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search text & handwriting

Search lookup text and handwritten words. I would like to see handwriting recognition. I constantly need to search for things I have documented in the past.

It would be amazing to have text searchablity. That way I could find things quickly by date, or keyword.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories