Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. Add the color picker also for page background

Please add the color picker tool also for the color selection of the color of a page. This would help me a lot in finding the right color. As it is already implemented for choosing e.g. the font color, it should be easy to have it as well for the page backgrounds.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make your own washi tape

It would be nice if there was a tool to be able to make washi tapes with patterns/colors (a color gradient wheel could be available), or be able to upload photos/patterns/color gradients as washi tapes.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. “Soft return” and indented/secondary bullets within bullets - ability to make bullets work as an outline

Ability to make bullets work like an outline, a ‘soft return’ to start a new line that’s indented to match the first without adding a new bullet, and ability to add additional indented bullets (like an outline) for sub-tasks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add basic shapes & frames in regular photo size ratios

Of the existing basic shapes and frames available, hardly any conform to the most often used photo size ratios 4:3, 3:2 and 16:9. It would be great to have a number of those available so they can be used as frames for imported photographs.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Small Business Journal

My husband and I own a small business and I know there are many people out there who do. I would love some templates that are made for tracking business expenses, products, revenue, etc. There are pages you can purchase out there on Etsy, but Zinnia doesn’t have the ability to insert PDF pages which I have seen in another feature suggestion and voted for it. Since I already pay for this subscription, I’d like to see those added.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handwriting is grouped as individual words, not paragraphs

I love writing out my journal entries and lists, but of course I don’t always think of things in the correct order. Currently if I’m writing a list and need to re-order, I have to either click “done” after every item (turning it into a recognizable item that I can either move or delete individually) or erase and re-write the whole list. It would be nice if the app recognized words instead of viewing a whole paragraph as one item.
    This would massively increase my productivity and enjoyment of the app. Thanks for considering!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apple Pencil draw only

Restore the function of apple draw only

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Washi tape to have straight edges instead of ‘tear’ look.

I love using washi tape to add color to my journal, but I don’t usually want the ‘tear’ look on the edges. I would love if users could choose to have ‘tear’ versus straight edge! (I would chose straight edge every time, but assume others may want a tear edge)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vertical paper pack

1 use many single pages and would like either vertical paper packs or the ability to crop paper.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pen drawing on the same plane

Can you make it so that in the coloring mode when you stop coloring and start again it'll stay on the same plane? Currently the colors overlap making some of the picture color darker.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Health themed journal with a tracker for exercises, weights/reps

I kinda tweaked a current tracker and uploaded a photo. It’s still not ideal. I’d rather it go the other direction. Id like a A place to list the exercise and columns to list the weights and reps completed for each set.
    That along with habits, mood, food, medical info tracking (weight,Blood pressure/blood sugars etc...) would be a nice journal option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add exact color values (RGB, hex, etc)

Instead of using the Pipette, give the ability to set an exact color value to object/text

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic Collage Maker

Sometimes all I need is to layout images. It would be nice is if there was an automatic collage maker that would present the number of photos I want to present over a page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Baby book to keep memories

Some stickers and templates specifically made for babies or memory books. I’ve been wanting to start a baby book and these would come in handy since we take pictures on our phones and just make it easier to keep track of memories.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fully customizable journal covers

Idea 1: Ability to fully customize journal covers with 3D decoupage, stickers, keychains, fabric patches and appliques

Idea 2: Clearing our covers edit name so we can get rid of the headline section and have a pic only, or a name of journal that is going to be less tacky/thick with white headline. ? hope everyone thinks this toooo!!

Idea 3: I saw some examples of this on Etsy, pairing it with one of the fonts we listed before (like lemonade or Northwell) and then having a simple "Gold Foil" gradient overlay on it for some classy notebook covers that…

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix the font cursor

the insert indicator for the font tool isn’t aligned with the text, perhaps due to adjusting the line spacing. it also acts semi-randomly, especially with Apple Pencil , trying to select all the text, the text box, or insert the cursor in a particular spot, often selects a word instead or randomly any of the above.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we have a Really Large canvas?

It would be nice if I could tell Zinnia to give me a “real life whiteboard” sized canvas. That would be something like 3456x3456! With excellent zoom, I could use Zinnia for whiteboarding in meetings. Maybe not your primary use case... but maybe folks will vote it up! Fingers crossed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Photo-based scrapbooking layouts

I would love to see options to do photo based scrapbooking similar to Project Life (base areas to add photos but where you can customize with the embellishments in the app).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base