Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. Tabbed journals with dividers, index hyperlinks, or table of contents

Being able to click between dates in your journal or entries to help organise (which can also mean tabbed journals are an option) would be fantastic.

677 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this great request, and to everyone who voted. We absolutely agree that this would be an amazing feature to bring into Zinnia. Our Design and UI team is hard at work exploring the different options, talking about needs with users, and creating design specs. If you have feedback concerning this request, we’d love if you could write a comment on this Uservoice ticket. That way we can really understand the pain-point here, and what exactly you are looking for. Thanks so much!

2. 640 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 358 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who voted for this feature, and for your extremely helpful comments. We definitely agree that a passcode system is needed to provide some extra security for your journals! We are currently in the process of working on the design for this feature, but we’re running into something we wanted to run by you, too. Even with a passcode, all the journal content is available on iCloud if you have it enabled. This means you could also access your journal files if you dug through your Files app, and also if you logged into your iCloud account from the web. Passcodes for many other apps work this way, but with journals, we want to know if this is a dealbreaker. Would you feel that having a passcode on the app itself is enough? This would deter any family members or others who share your device from accessing your…

5. Crop, mask, or erase parts of content and photos

Just a few examples: I would definitely want to apply, for instance, a paper texture behind (or into) a frame. If the frame is hand-drawn I may want to create a mask that follows the contours of the frame. Or if the frame and texture are of different proportions I may want to crop the texture so it fits. Or I may not want to scale the texture down, so I would create a mask to reveal a portion of the texture at 100% of size.

325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create and save custom color palettes

Ability to create a palette of colors that could be used, for instance, throughout a themed journal or page.

See this post: https://zinnia-hq.slack.com/archives/CSEP9MK8V/p1581066695003200

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make your own packs with imported content & content created in-app

"My Content" area to save content you have created in-app, as well as content you have imported

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this great request – we totally agree that a “My Content” area where you can save content you have created or imported would be a fantastic addition to Zinnia. The design for this “My Content” area has already been complete, so our engineers will be spending the next several works building it into the app. We hope to have an update for you soon :)

8. Calligraphy pen writing tool

Now that smoothing has been introduced (yay!) I’d like to see a calligraphy tool introduced to do custom lettering. I tried using the highlighter tool (because it is tapered) with max opacity, but I wasn’t getting the small skinny up strokes and thick downstrokes that I wanted with the highlighter. Plus, if I use a light shade with the highlighter and run back over a section, I can see where I went back on my letter.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for PDF templates and purchased digital planners

Add support to import PDF templates into Zinnia. For example, the PDF journal templates you can purchase on Etsy

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alignment tool

To help align stickers, text boxes, and other content to the page and in respect to one another

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create and save your own templates

Save a template of a page I’ve already created so I don’t have to make the same one for some of my every day things.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to stretch content / unlock aspect ratio

Ability to stretch content so it fits better horizontally or vertically. For example, I want this paper background to fit my spread perfectly, but it's just slightly too wide. I'd love to be able to shrink the width just a tad so it fits the area.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save events and live-sync to digital calendars

Save events and sync to different digital calendars: Apple Calendar, Google Cal, Outlook Calendar, etc.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to mirror flip content

Ability to mirror flip content. This would be helpful for thought / speech bubbles, or other content where the direction of the content matters.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make your own washi tape

It would be nice if there was a tool to be able to make washi tapes with patterns/colors (a color gradient wheel could be available), or be able to upload photos/patterns/color gradients as washi tapes.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Folders or folios inside journals, to divide months or topics

In a 12 months planner, I want to be able to close Out months when I’m finished with them, but easily reopen for reference later as needed. Or if my journal has several topics, be able to open and close those topics and work within one space at a time. Page organizing.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fully customizable journal covers

Idea 1: Ability to fully customize journal covers with 3D decoupage, stickers, keychains, fabric patches and appliques

Idea 2: Clearing our covers edit name so we can get rid of the headline section and have a pic only, or a name of journal that is going to be less tacky/thick with white headline. ? hope everyone thinks this toooo!!

Idea 3: I saw some examples of this on Etsy, pairing it with one of the fonts we listed before (like lemonade or Northwell) and then having a simple "Gold Foil" gradient overlay on it for some classy notebook covers that…

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)