Skip to content

Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

102 results found

1. the ability to sync notebooks to the cloud AND always keep them on my device due to spotty Wi-Fi &inconveniently long download times.

It interrupts my workflow and significantly destroys my productivity when I have to wait for each page to load in from the cloud every time I go back to edit a notebook. Even if I’m connected to WiFi it still can take a significant amount of time just to load each page. I also would still like my notebooks to be saved in the cloud in case anything happens to my device. Another slider button option to “always keep notebooks on my device” would be so incredible and a game changer. Add the button just below the “sync items to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently added "offline access" to Zinnia, so you can choose specific pages that you'd prefer to live on your local device. You can also turn off iCloud syncing completely which will allow all of your journals and pages to be stored on your local device rather than in the cloud. Hope this helps!

2. Move top icons away from new multitasking button

Since the apple software update there’s now a button on top of the screen to help split the screen but it’s annoying cus it gets in the way if it was moved to the side it would help

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our latest update, we moved the top icons slightly down from the new multitasking buttons so they're not SO in the way. Download the latest version in the App Store and let us know if this works better for you now. Thanks!

3. Be able to favorite templates and stickers.

It would be convenient to be able to favorite stickers and items so we can easily find them.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this in Zinnia :) Our "favorites" area is called "My Stuff," and you can save any sticker, template, handwritten element, even text you've typed. Just tap on the object and in the toolbar menu, tap 'Save.' Enjoy!

4. A “mindful reflections” default journal

I’m most interested in using Zinnia as a tool for a daily journaling habit, as part of my ongoing commitment to myself. All of your templates seem aimed at use as a conventional “day planner”; I have no choice but to rely on my corporate calendar for that, with meetings popping up out of my control, but I’d love dated templates for writing in the morning and evening, maybe with prompts.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Import PNG files

I would love to have an option to import PNG files.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news!  The ability to import .PNG files was added in a recent update.  

Please make sure that you are on the latest version of Zinnia. To check  this, you can go into the App Store, search for Zinnia Journal, and see if there is a gray update button. If there is, please update to the  latest version.

Enjoy!

6. "New page" icon at the top of your journal, not the bottom

When you open a journal and you want to add a new page. You can open that new page from the beginning of the journal instead of having to scroll through all the pages to get to the ads new page feature does my head in every single time

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to "Add to Zinnia" in other iOS apps

Hi there! I know you can copy paste images, but it would be great if I could click the add image button and there was an option to select a folder instead of just going to the photo reel.
    Copy/pasting from another app and then going back to the journals is clunky. Especially for an app with a yearly subscription.
    Also, I’d like to add multiple stickers at once like I can in GoodNotes. In GoodNotes you can add stickers to be used later. I’d like to do the same in Zinnia.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Geeky Stickers

More nerdy stickers, like Dungeons & Dragons, video games, and comic books.

Especially D&D, since I use a Zinnia journal for my D&D campaigns and it would be cool to dress it up appropriately.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Line, grid, and dot page options without the center line

I was wondering if there would be an option available to take out the center dividing lines on the pages for templates that have lines, grids, and dots? Maybe as a toggle option during the page setup?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Woohoo, get excited! We now support different page sizes, orientations, and single & double-page spreads. This means you can take out the center dividing line for all page types, including lines, grids and dots. Hope you enjoy!

10. Allow foreign language fonts

1st request: Mutated vowel / “Umlaute” (Ä,Ö,Ü) and other extraordinary latin letters (è, ò ...) include in your fonts. It will be better to read German, French, Spain and other types of languages with extraordinary latin letters, if some of these letters will be included in our fonts.

2nd request: Please support letters that are exclusive to some languages. I bought the app hoping for the ability to move all my various planners, notebooks, ideas pads and all into it, but I quickly found out that I’m limited to using English, as the app doesn’t recognize Polish letters, even If…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce you can now have any font downloaded on your iOS devices be recognized in Zinnia :) Please update your app to the latest version to see our brand new font picker. Any font that exists on your device, including foreign languages, will show up in the Zinnia font list. Here’s a great article on how to get custom fonts onto your devices – https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/add-custom-fonts-on-an-iphone-or-ipad. Hope this helps!

11. Move page from one journal to another

Please make it easier to move journal pages between journals. Make it possible to copy and past data between journals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently! Tap on the ... icon on the page you are looking to move, and tap "move," then select the journal where you want it to go. You can also select any object on your page, copy it, and paste it into another journal.

12. Bring back the Draw With Apple Pencil Only setting

I understand how Apple Pencil Always Draw setting works but that’s not the same thing… btw, your how to use guide shows the old setting

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re in luck! In the latest update of Zinnia, we have added in more advanced settings for Apple Pencil, including drawing with the pencil only. Please make sure you update the app so you can enjoy the settings. :)

13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom organization of My Stuff

It’s on the iPad app suggestions already but I’m throwing it here too. For me this truly the only crucial feature lacking in the app; make it a premium feature if you must and I’ll pay even more per year as I use the app daily. I only have about 100 things saved to my stuff and it’s already really cumbersome to scroll through and find what I need so I really hesitate to keep using it. I’d abandon GoodNotes entirely if this feature was available. It’s Also very tedious to organize my stuff in general since you can only…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bulk add my own clipart

I want it to be unique and there's simply not enough options for an avid user

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apple Pencil draw only

Restore the function of apple draw only

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An ocean-themed / tropical / aloha feature or sticker pack

I would love to see such a theme feature next summer: stickers and materials with beach, seashells, flip flops, tropical flowers, palm trees, surfboards, waves , aloha & Hawaiian inspired items, you get the idea :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Canadian Holiday packs

I love this Journal. I am from Canada, and I think it would be cool if there were Canadian holiday stickers and journalling pages etc. for the Canadian holidays just like there is for the US holidays.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to duplicate pens, but have different settings

For example, i use the ball point pen type brush for school note taking, the colours are set up exclusively for school and what i need there, however if i want to use it in a standard journal my colours and size dont work as well with the vibe of the journal. But if we could duplicate it then i could have my school pens and journalling pens without having to constantly change colours or size

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently do this in Zinnia! On each of the pen slots, tap the + button to add another of the pen you'd like to duplicate, and then you can change the settings. I do this often, where I have the same pen slotted 3 different times, with different colors, widths, etc. Enjoy!

20. Click links without having to also click ‘go to link’

I want to be able to navigate throughout journals quickly and when I click a link I have to also click go to link. It’d be nice to be able to turn that off and just go to link without having to click that. I’m trying to switch from zinnia from Goodnotes and this is a must if I’m going to make the switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories