Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. The option to import fonts

I would love to have the option to import different fonts from different sites . Because recently I added my own handwriting font to my iPad but I significantly want it to have this feature since sometimes I want to type my spreads instead of manually writing it down . Overall I am very pleased with the app and it’s working very well . However , if this feature is out I would use this app a lot more .... please consider this important . Thanks .

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very happy to announce you can now use your own fonts in Zinnia! In our latest update, we have changed our font picker so Zinnia will recognize any custom fonts that you have installed on your device. There are many articles online that show you how to get your own fonts on your iOS devices (here’s a good one – https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/add-custom-fonts-on-an-iphone-or-ipad). Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

2. 481 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Get excited – passcodes are here! We just released our latest app update TODAY and it includes a brand new passcode option. Now you can keep your app safe from prying eyes :) We can’t thank you all enough for your votes and comments on this feature request – it is because of YOU that we worked on developing this feature and getting it into the app. We appreciate this fabulous Zinnia community more than you know <3

3. 361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area!

My Stuff is your place to save anything and everything that you may want to use later. Stickers, imported photos, custom drawings, grouped objects, entire spreads… you name it.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To add content to My Stuff, simply tap on anything on your spread (or a group of assets) and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

Thanks again to you all for supporting this feature request!

4. Alignment tool

To help align stickers, text boxes, and other content to the page and in respect to one another

446 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Super excited to announce we have a new alignment tool in our latest app update! And it’s because of YOU that we added in this feature, so thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your votes, comments, and feedback on what you are looking for. Our new alignment tool helps you align your images, stickers, and other assets to one another, for a more organized-looking spread. The alignment options appear at the bottom toolbar when you have more than one object selected in the editor. We hope you enjoy this feature and thank you all again!

5. Make your own packs with imported content & content created in-app

"My Content" area to save content you have created in-app, as well as content you have imported

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area!

My Stuff is your place to save anything and everything that you may want to use later. Stickers, imported photos, custom drawings, grouped objects, entire spreads… you name it.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To add content to My Stuff, simply tap on anything on your spread (or a group of assets) and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

6. Create and save your own templates

Save a template of a page I’ve already created so I don’t have to make the same one for some of my every day things.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area where you can save entire templates.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To save an entire template to My Stuff, simply lasso the entire template and any elements you want to include, and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

7. Change colour of premade templates

Have colour options for preexisting templates to customize pages to better suit user personality

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many of the templates in the Studio can have their color changed! For any single-color content in the Studio, when you select it, on the bottom of the screen will show options for changing the color. If the content has more than 1 color (not including black or white), then you will only see options for adjusting opacity and not the color. Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

8. Better controlled writing (i.e. Procreate's "Streamline")

When using the writing option on the app, it’s a little hard to get a neat, straight line if that makes sense. I know on the procreate app there’s something called “streamline” where it makes it easier to write controlled. I’m not sure if this is an option or not, just figured I’d mention it!

Brianna Collins: 1/22/20

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We 100% agreed with you that line smoothing on the brushes and pens would be really helpful to make your handwriting look amazing. So in our latest update, which we released this morning, we now have line smoothing! To access line smoothing, select the brush or pen you want to use, and tap the brush settings to the left. The settings menu allows you to adjust size, opacity, and now line smoothing. In our beta testing, we have found users to have different “sweet-spots” on the line smoothing scale, so definitely play around with the levels and find what you like best. We’d love to get your feedback on how you like this new feature, and if there’s anything that could be updated or improved. Please email us anytime at support@zinniajournal.com with your thoughts. Thanks and happy journaling!

9. Trash bin

Accidentally deleted my journal..... fml. Was suppose to delete another but ended up deleting my main. That is not good. there should be a bin like the photos option in Apple phones where the content will be deleted after a few days or can be recovered. I think that it provides extra protection for work.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this great suggestion, and to everyone who voted. We felt this pain-point as well, and wanted to give you a place where deleted pages and journals can live, in case they have been accidentally deleted, before they are permanently deleted. So in our latest update released this morning, we now have a trash bin! When you delete a page or a journal, a link will appear at the very bottom of your screen that says “Deleted Pages” if you’re in a journal, and “Deleted Journals” if you’re on the Journals view. Click on that link, and you’ll see the pages and journals that you have deleted, with the option to restore them. You can also see the amount of time left before they are permanently deleted (countdown starts at 30 days). Hope you enjoy this new feature, and thanks again for letting us know how important this was…

10. More Christian sticker packs

Christian sticker packs with bible verses

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for adding this content request, and to everyone for voting. In tomorrow’s content release, we will be adding a bunch of new Easter content, including an entire Easter collection. One sticker pack includes a variety of decorative crosses. We want to keep our content diverse and inclusive so we hope these additions are enjoyed by you! It’s also worth noting that you can import any content you want with ease, and save it in “My Stuff.” So if we don’t have the type of religious content you are looking for, please feel free to import in additional Christian stickers for your Zinnia journals. Happy journaling!

11. Same journal on different devices

I would like to be able to access the same journal on both my iPad and my iPhone. If the two could sync up and have both libraries of journals in both places, that would make life easier.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. iPhone version / sync with mobile

iPhone version to add quick notes, photos, links

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am very happy to announce that as of 2 days ago, Zinnia is now available for the iPhone! You can sync between your iPad and iPhone versions via iCloud, so you can see your journals and pages on both of your devices. Search for “Zinnia Journal” in the App Store on your iPhone and give it a download! Hope you enjoy, and happy journaling :)

13. Have complete letter and number packs in all the same font

Please please please... Match your letters and numbers and words all to the same script and font!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback – we totally agree that lettering and number packs should be available in a single style so you can design your spread with matching headers. Just last week, we released a bunch of new lettering packs, with letters, numbers, headers, days, and months all of the same style. We plan on doing this going forward so your lettering can match better. Hope this helps!

14. Darker starting page color and more options for page style

More options for the starting page (lined, list, notebook style, double column, triple column, etc.) Also option to choose whatever page color you want, from a color wheel. Include darker choices. Current colors are very nice choices for high contrast if your inks are dark. I would also like to be able to do a Black Page journal.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much to everyone who voted for this super important feature. You’re in luck! In the latest update, we have added the ability to choose from unlimited colors for your page color, using a color wheel. Have fun journaling!

15. The ability to make and send journals to other Zinnia users.

I made a journal in my app for my friend thinking I could share it, and it’s not allowing me to! I’d love for her to be able to use it, but at the moment it doesn’t seem like I can send it to her.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You do have the capability to send your journals to your friend! We’d be happy to walk you through the steps, so please email our support team at support@zinniajournal.com so we can chat and help you send your journal to your friend. This forum is monitored for feature requests only and isn’t checked as frequently as email support is. Thanks!

16. Frequently used fonts

Have a space in the font menu to save the most commonly used fonts so I don’t have to scroll through the whole list of wonderful fonts in order to find the one I used before.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A monthly ‘community inspiration board’ Feature in Zinnia Studio

It would be wonderful if there was a section within Zinnia Studio where community members could submit templates, journaling spreads and creations to be posted on a shared community board (perhaps once or twice monthly?). In addition to the monthly releases and editorials, this would drive creativity and new ideas throughout the Zinnia journaling community.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this wonderful idea, and to everyone who voted. We really loved this suggestion, so we recently added our first “Community Spotlight” editorial in the Studio! We plan on highlighting particularly beautiful or creative spreads made by Zinnia users once a month in the Studio, and we also post fabulous spreads on our Instagram page daily. We really adore the stuff the community is creating and it’s been so inspiring to see what you all are making! Looking forward to continue highlighting the most creative user community on the planet :)

18. Copy page to new journal

I use this for taking notes at work. I’d like to be able to copy/tr ansfer pages to a new or existing journal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently. When you are in a journal, tap on the (…) icon on the bottom right of the page you want to duplicate. In the menu that opens, tap “duplicate.” When the page duplicates, tap the (…) icon again, and this time tap “Move.” You will be asked where you want to move the new page to. Choose an existing journal, or you can even create a new journal with this page. Hope this helps!

19. Transfer

I work on journals with a friend. We both have the yearly subscription. We would love it if we were able to share our journals with each other as zinnia files instead of PDF files OR be able to share the same account so that we could both work on our journals together

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You do have the capability to send your journals to your friend! We’d be happy to walk you through the steps, so please email our support team at support@zinniajournal.com so we can chat and help you send your journal to your friend. This forum is monitored for feature requests only and isn’t checked as frequently as email support is. Thanks!

20. Import files and personal artwork

I use procreate and have multiple digital clip art, art, etc. how can I import

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You absolutely can import any personal artwork or images into Zinnia. The easiest way is to do copy/paste. You can copy any image from Procreate or digital art apps and then once in Zinnia, tap “paste” on one of your spreads. You can also drag and drop assets from one app into Zinnia, if you are in Split Screen mode with both apps open. Lastly, if you save images onto your device photo reel, you can import the images by using our photo picker. Hope this helps!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base