Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. The option to import fonts

I would love to have the option to import different fonts from different sites . Because recently I added my own handwriting font to my iPad but I significantly want it to have this feature since sometimes I want to type my spreads instead of manually writing it down . Overall I am very pleased with the app and it’s working very well . However , if this feature is out I would use this app a lot more .... please consider this important . Thanks .

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very happy to announce you can now use your own fonts in Zinnia! In our latest update, we have changed our font picker so Zinnia will recognize any custom fonts that you have installed on your device. There are many articles online that show you how to get your own fonts on your iOS devices (here’s a good one – https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/add-custom-fonts-on-an-iphone-or-ipad). Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

2. Ability to go back to sticker packs through a sticker

When selecting a sticker that I have in a journal, I would like to be able to choose something like “see this sticker pack” so I can easily get similar stickers to the one I am using without searching back through all of the sticker packs.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all, we took this idea and ran with it :) Our latest update includes a way to navigate to the full pack that a sticker comes from! Find it in search within the Studio, by long-holding your finger on any search result. You can then tap to find the related pack, and you will navigate to the full pack to see all related content. Hope you enjoy!

3. 481 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Get excited – passcodes are here! We just released our latest app update TODAY and it includes a brand new passcode option. Now you can keep your app safe from prying eyes :) We can’t thank you all enough for your votes and comments on this feature request – it is because of YOU that we worked on developing this feature and getting it into the app. We appreciate this fabulous Zinnia community more than you know <3

4. 361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area!

My Stuff is your place to save anything and everything that you may want to use later. Stickers, imported photos, custom drawings, grouped objects, entire spreads… you name it.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To add content to My Stuff, simply tap on anything on your spread (or a group of assets) and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

Thanks again to you all for supporting this feature request!

5. Alignment tool

To help align stickers, text boxes, and other content to the page and in respect to one another

446 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Super excited to announce we have a new alignment tool in our latest app update! And it’s because of YOU that we added in this feature, so thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your votes, comments, and feedback on what you are looking for. Our new alignment tool helps you align your images, stickers, and other assets to one another, for a more organized-looking spread. The alignment options appear at the bottom toolbar when you have more than one object selected in the editor. We hope you enjoy this feature and thank you all again!

6. Make your own packs with imported content & content created in-app

"My Content" area to save content you have created in-app, as well as content you have imported

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area!

My Stuff is your place to save anything and everything that you may want to use later. Stickers, imported photos, custom drawings, grouped objects, entire spreads… you name it.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To add content to My Stuff, simply tap on anything on your spread (or a group of assets) and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

7. Create and save your own templates

Save a template of a page I’ve already created so I don’t have to make the same one for some of my every day things.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We really took your feedback to heart and we’re excited to announce that our latest update to Zinnia includes a new “My Stuff” area where you can save entire templates.

This is your space to fill with whatever you want to favorite, bookmark, or reference in the future. You can access it by going into one of your journal pages, opening the Studio, and tapping on the small person icon on the top. To save an entire template to My Stuff, simply lasso the entire template and any elements you want to include, and when the little menu pops up, tap “Save.”

8. I would just like to see more layouts for weekly planners

I’d like to see something more similar to the happy planner classic weekly vertical planner layout. There’s already one that’s similar, but it has the meal tracker and weather spots that I don’t use, along with the grid back

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great feedback! We continue to add new weekly planners every month. For any of the templates, if there are aspects that you don’t like (like a meal tracker or weather spot), you can select the template and then tap “Ungroup” from the little menu that pops up. Now you can remove the elements from the template that you don’t like. Hope this helps!

9. More TEMPLATES, more PIECES of TEMPLATES. BUILDING BLOCKS to create journal.

I need MORE templates! EASIER Templates.

Making them on Zinnia Proves to be kind of difficult. Maybe something separate for the ones people make themselves… the “Library” would be cute. Where we can share the templates we personally make for others to use, kind of like how the studio works..

I just want to see some more ease with versatility i don’t like having to leave the app to go searching for something that could work for what I need it for or having to figure out how to make it work.

My only complaint ever. I. Need. More. Templates.…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great feedback! We have recently added some new ‘basic’ templates that serve as building blocks to create your own pages. You can also select any template and tap “Ungroup” in the little menu that pops up. This ungroups all of the various elements of the template, which you can move around, delete, and save to “My Stuff” for use later. Hope this helps!

10. Monday start monthly

I wish there was an option to choose between Monday start and Sunday start calendars. There is still too little choice for monday start calendars in my opinion. For example, there is no dated calendar that is aligned vertically.
    Thank you and greetings

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great feedback! We really appreciate hearing from so many of you that you’d like Monday-start calendars. Because of this, we have been trying to add more Monday-start monthlies, and there are now a ton in the Studio to select from. Hope you like!

11. Colors

More colors in general - everything here is largely from a rather muted color palette. Ability to change things between a copy please of palates (muted, neon, brights, jewel tones, neutrals…). There are many stickers/washi I’d love if I could see them in various color options.

If nothing else, WAY more colors of solid washi..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great feedback! We’ve been working on adding lots of colorful content each month. For any single-colored asset in the Studio, you can recolor it to whatever color you want! Simply put the sticker on your spread and while it’s selected, tap the color icon on the bottom. You can do this for any of the solid washi tapes as well, for unlimited color options :)

12. Blank trackers / fully customizable

Hope we can have this. We have a hard time customizing/ manipulating trackers. Maybe we can have blank trackers like these circles or check boxes

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great feedback! We have recently added a bunch of new ‘basic’ templates, that can serve as building blocks to making your own trackers. You can also select any template, and tap “Ungroup” from the little menu that pops up. This will ungroup all the elements from that template, which you can then move, delete, or save to “My Stuff” for use later. This is a great way to save basic rectangles, circles, check boxes, etc. Hope this helps!

13. Change colour of premade templates

Have colour options for preexisting templates to customize pages to better suit user personality

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many of the templates in the Studio can have their color changed! For any single-color content in the Studio, when you select it, on the bottom of the screen will show options for changing the color. If the content has more than 1 color (not including black or white), then you will only see options for adjusting opacity and not the color. Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

14. Better controlled writing (i.e. Procreate's "Streamline")

When using the writing option on the app, it’s a little hard to get a neat, straight line if that makes sense. I know on the procreate app there’s something called “streamline” where it makes it easier to write controlled. I’m not sure if this is an option or not, just figured I’d mention it!

Brianna Collins: 1/22/20

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We 100% agreed with you that line smoothing on the brushes and pens would be really helpful to make your handwriting look amazing. So in our latest update, which we released this morning, we now have line smoothing! To access line smoothing, select the brush or pen you want to use, and tap the brush settings to the left. The settings menu allows you to adjust size, opacity, and now line smoothing. In our beta testing, we have found users to have different “sweet-spots” on the line smoothing scale, so definitely play around with the levels and find what you like best. We’d love to get your feedback on how you like this new feature, and if there’s anything that could be updated or improved. Please email us anytime at support@zinniajournal.com with your thoughts. Thanks and happy journaling!

15. Trash bin

Accidentally deleted my journal..... fml. Was suppose to delete another but ended up deleting my main. That is not good. there should be a bin like the photos option in Apple phones where the content will be deleted after a few days or can be recovered. I think that it provides extra protection for work.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this great suggestion, and to everyone who voted. We felt this pain-point as well, and wanted to give you a place where deleted pages and journals can live, in case they have been accidentally deleted, before they are permanently deleted. So in our latest update released this morning, we now have a trash bin! When you delete a page or a journal, a link will appear at the very bottom of your screen that says “Deleted Pages” if you’re in a journal, and “Deleted Journals” if you’re on the Journals view. Click on that link, and you’ll see the pages and journals that you have deleted, with the option to restore them. You can also see the amount of time left before they are permanently deleted (countdown starts at 30 days). Hope you enjoy this new feature, and thanks again for letting us know how important this was…

16. Calendars for following year

I am a teacher and use the calendar feature a lot because I am able to have the app readily available on my iPad or iPhone. However, the calendars available are only up to December of this year. Would it be possible to update the calendars for the following year so I can plan the whole school year on the app?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More neutral papers for backgrounds

I don’t really know what to do with the really colorful busy papers. What I really want the papers for our backgrounds and I feel like they have to be more neutral, but may be interesting textures and subtle colors

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2022

Desperate to start planning the new academic year but no-thing is available

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More Christian sticker packs

Christian sticker packs with bible verses

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for adding this content request, and to everyone for voting. In tomorrow’s content release, we will be adding a bunch of new Easter content, including an entire Easter collection. One sticker pack includes a variety of decorative crosses. We want to keep our content diverse and inclusive so we hope these additions are enjoyed by you! It’s also worth noting that you can import any content you want with ease, and save it in “My Stuff.” So if we don’t have the type of religious content you are looking for, please feel free to import in additional Christian stickers for your Zinnia journals. Happy journaling!

20. Same journal on different devices

I would like to be able to access the same journal on both my iPad and my iPhone. If the two could sync up and have both libraries of journals in both places, that would make life easier.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base