Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. Single page view when iPad is vertical, or option to choose portrait / landscape page layouts

I like to use my iPad in portrait mode, and would like to have the option to view half of the spread perfectly without having to zoom in

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us, and to the many of you who voted for it! We definitely hear you on this. We want to make it easier to view single pages when iPad is vertical, or to only view half of the spread at a time. So in our latest update just released this morning, we now have a single-page snap-to-zoom feature! When you are on a spread, simple pinch-to-zoom in on a single page, and the page will snap into place. You can now swipe left and right to see the single pages before and after the page you are on. If you are on the first or last page in your journal, you can swipe to add a new page, even in this single-page view. It seems very subtle in the app, but it is actually took a huge amount of development work and testing to…

2. Better controlled writing (i.e. Procreate's "Streamline")

When using the writing option on the app, it’s a little hard to get a neat, straight line if that makes sense. I know on the procreate app there’s something called “streamline” where it makes it easier to write controlled. I’m not sure if this is an option or not, just figured I’d mention it!

Brianna Collins: 1/22/20

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you all for voting on this feature. We 100% agreed with you that line smoothing on the brushes and pens would be really helpful to make your handwriting look amazing. So in our latest update, which we released this morning, we now have line smoothing! To access line smoothing, select the brush or pen you want to use, and tap the brush settings to the left. The settings menu allows you to adjust size, opacity, and now line smoothing. In our beta testing, we have found users to have different “sweet-spots” on the line smoothing scale, so definitely play around with the levels and find what you like best. We’d love to get your feedback on how you like this new feature, and if there’s anything that could be updated or improved. Please email us anytime at support@zinniajournal.com with your thoughts. Thanks and happy journaling!

3. Trash bin

Accidentally deleted my journal..... fml. Was suppose to delete another but ended up deleting my main. That is not good. there should be a bin like the photos option in Apple phones where the content will be deleted after a few days or can be recovered. I think that it provides extra protection for work.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this great suggestion, and to everyone who voted. We felt this pain-point as well, and wanted to give you a place where deleted pages and journals can live, in case they have been accidentally deleted, before they are permanently deleted. So in our latest update released this morning, we now have a trash bin! When you delete a page or a journal, a link will appear at the very bottom of your screen that says “Deleted Pages” if you’re in a journal, and “Deleted Journals” if you’re on the Journals view. Click on that link, and you’ll see the pages and journals that you have deleted, with the option to restore them. You can also see the amount of time left before they are permanently deleted (countdown starts at 30 days). Hope you enjoy this new feature, and thanks again for letting us know how important this was…

4. "Add a page" in the beginning, middle, or end of a journal

Instead of only being able to add a page to the end of a journal and moving it, I’d like to add a page directly after a page in the middle of a journal to extend a spread when the creativity is flowing that way.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently do this in Zinnia! If you are on the first page in your journal, you can swipe LEFT to add a new page to the front of your journal. This is a way to keep your newest journal pages on top. You can also add a new page in the middle of your journal, while you are on one of your pages. Tap the … settings icon in the upper right, and tap “New Page.” This will add a new page immediately after the page that is currently open. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at support@zinniajournal.com – thanks!
    - Rebecca

5. Darker starting page color and more options for page style

More options for the starting page (lined, list, notebook style, double column, triple column, etc.) Also option to choose whatever page color you want, from a color wheel. Include darker choices. Current colors are very nice choices for high contrast if your inks are dark. I would also like to be able to do a Black Page journal.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much to everyone who voted for this super important feature. You’re in luck! In the latest update, we have added the ability to choose from unlimited colors for your page color, using a color wheel. Have fun journaling!

6. Create your own grids/charts with blank templates

Blank writable templates (grids, layouts, etc.) Example: There is a menu plan layout I would like to change but I can’t.

Ability to create our own template boxes/grids. I thinking of word insert grids, with the ability to change the colour and thickness of the lines/box . Something like that.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this excellent idea and to everyone who voted! We definitely agree that blank templates were needed in Zinnia, so in our last content update (released a few days ago), we have a brand new Full Journal called “Blank Slate.” It contains several blank templates that you can customize to make your own! You can also find all of the templates in the Studio in the “templates” category. Try ungrouping these templates, moving boxes and layouts around, and re-grouping them to create your own unique templates. Hope you enjoy, and thanks again for this great request.

7. Export journals and pages in multiple formats: PDF, JPEG, PNG, etc.

Would be good to be able to save the pages directly onto iPad or export in different file formats like pdf as an entire journal or JPEG’s. ?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this in Zinnia currently! You have the option to export individual pages as well as entire journals as PDF, JPEG, or as the .zinniajournal file (which is a way to send your journal to friends or family so you can collaborate on the same journal!). If you’re having any difficulties with exporting journals and pages, please reach out to our support team at support@zinniajournal.com so we can talk you through it. Thanks!

8. Calligraphy practice template

Or penmanship template with the letters drawn out so they can be traced to practice

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the fantastic idea – we loved this one! In the latest content release from just a few days ago, we have added in a bunch of calligraphy practice sheets, made especially for Zinnia by Karin Newport of “iPad Lettering.” We have also put these lettering guides into its own Full Journal, so the templates are already set up in order and ready to go. Hope you enjoy, and thanks again for this super cool suggestion!

9. Cookbook Collection

I’d like to see a cookbook theme

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not having to pay so much

Not having to pay to journal, i understand its needed to keep app up, I just was exited then realized that I cant afford subscription, great app though!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your honest feedback! As a small business, in order to continue supporting our creative apps, we need to charge for our products. There is a tremendous amount of time, effort and resources that go into developing and maintaining an app like this. We do understand that a subscription is not for everyone, which is why we offer the demo version – so you can try it out and see if you like it enough to take the plunge. Of course we’re sorry you feel it’s not worth it for you just yet. We hope you’ll come back and give us another shot, and try to make the most of the demo version! <3

11. Dated monthly calendars that start on Monday

There area no dated calendars started on Monday, and It’s difficult to change non-dated calendars to this layout, not to mention put every date by hand

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We do have 1 dated monthly calendar that starts on Monday – it is called “Mini Calendars 2020.” For any of our undated calendars, you can upgroup the template and move the days of the week to start on Monday. To ungroup, choose your calendar and put it on a spread, then tap the template so the menu pops up. Next tap “ungroup.” You can now move the days of the week into whatever order you prefer. Hope this helps! – Rebecca

12. Move multiple selected pages at the same time

The ability to select multiple pages and move them all at the same time

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently! To do this, tap one page and hold it, so it is selected. Move your finger around a bit to make sure it is actually selected. Then with your second hand (or a second finger), tap on the other pages one by one that you want to add to your selection pile. You can then drag all of the pages together to another area of your journal. If you want to move multiple pages to a different journal, start by tapping the “Select” icon on the top right, and then tapping all of your desired pages. Then tap the “move” icon (looks like a square with an arrow pointing to the right). Then you can move these multiple pages to a different journal. Hope this helps!

13. Further Color Customization for Stickers/Ect.

I’m so happy with the customization already available. However, a few weeks ago I was able to utalize what seemed to be a glitch. Items that were not color customizable became customizable if I did the following:

Opened the item window.
    Clicked on an item already on my page that was color customizable.
    Used the color picker and kept it open while clicking on the supposedly “uncustomizable item ”

The color I picked would then change the item (or aspects of the item) I had chosen.

I wouldn’t bother asking for more (as I’m so pleased with whats available already).…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Plain coloured paper

Would love to have a whole rainbow array of plain coloured paper. Or even an option to colour fill with own colour choice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Themed packs.

Stickers for all sorts of every day thing; coffee cup, TV, book, car, dumbells, grocery bag, wine glass, dog, cat etc. But themed in a set style, optimist could be all positivity and smiley with maybe sunshine and rainbows. Have matching paper styles, washi and layouts.
    And then the same items but in different styles. Bold colours, pastels, cartoon, fine line.
    I would like to be able to put icons or stickers in my calendar for activity, mood, habits and food. Instead of having to look through all of the sticker packs for things that would look mismatched, having more…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes we totally agree! We’ll continue putting themed packs, or “collections” as we call it in Zinnia, every month when we do our monthly content release. Just this past Friday, we added in 2 new collections, and we plan to add more in just a few weeks. Hope you enjoy!

16. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Totally agree with you here! In our October content update which was released a few days ago, we have a new Planner Icons pack called “Bullets,” with all different types of fun dots, stars and other icons to use as bulletpoints. We’ve also added in a few new lettering options as well. We are working on a way to save custom fonts in the app that you have downloaded to your device, so stay tuned for that :)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Gift Tracker and Party Planner

Christmas is coming! How about a gift tracker? And a party planner? (Could be generic to use for birthdays throughout the year!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Social media tracker template

So many of us try to keep a routine with social media. So having posts, and schedules. For that would be pretty awesome!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Themes and stickers for book lovers

I’m enjoying this app! As an avid reader of novels and hooked on Booktube, I found the app disappointing when it comes to its book clip art. I’d like the option of choosing a theme or spread to make book related pages such as: monthly TBRs (to be read), wrap ups, favorite books list, etc. More cute stickers & washi tape would be great. Also, a big writable with blank book spines that we can fill in with text. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello to our fellow book lovers! Thanks so much for this great suggestion, and to everyone who voted. We totally agree that books deserved a bit more real estate in Zinnia, so you’ll be happy to know we took this request to heart. Now in the Studio, we have a “Books to Read” template, a “Reading List” template, dozens of book stickers, and book-related card packs. We would suggest searching for “book” or “reading” in the Studio search bar to find some of these fun assets. We also just released a “Blank Slate” template pack, with completely blank trackers ready for you to customize and make your own. These would work great for favorite book lists and wrap-up writeups. Please let us know if there’s any other content you’d like to see in the app – we appreciate your feedback A TON <3

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base