Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. New iPad iOS 15 feature wont let you hit done

iOS 15 has a feature that is in the direct middle top of the screen and will not let you hit done when you are finished drawing etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! We just made a fix for this and it is in our latest update. Please make sure you update to the latest version in the App Store. Thanks so much again!

2. Copy items to new page

Ability to select/copy something on one page and paste it on a different page. (Ie, a text block)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently :) Long-hold your finger or stylus on your page to open up the lasso tool. Then select everything that you want, and from the little menu that pops up, select Copy. Then you can move to another page, tap the page, select Paste and VOILA! Hope you enjoy :)

3. Create stickers

I wish I could create my own stickers or import stickers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can absolutely do this in Zinnia currently :) You can import any stickers you have on your device, from other apps, or from the web. All you need to do is copy the sticker from wherever you found it, and paste into Zinnia – it’s that easy! You can also make your own stickers within Zinnia by combining different Studio content, handwritten elements, and drawings you make in the app. You can do this by “grouping” different elements together to combine and make 1 great sticker! Hope you enjoy!

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually already do this in Zinnia :) When you have an object selected, at the bottom of the screen are icons for moving the object in front, or behind, other objects. If you long-hold the “in-front” button, the object selected will move in front of all other objects and move to the very top. Same for long-holding the “behind” button – this will move the object all the way to back. Hope this helps!

5. Have complete letter and number packs in all the same font

Please please please... Match your letters and numbers and words all to the same script and font!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this feedback – we totally agree that lettering and number packs should be available in a single style so you can design your spread with matching headers. Just last week, we released a bunch of new lettering packs, with letters, numbers, headers, days, and months all of the same style. We plan on doing this going forward so your lettering can match better. Hope this helps!

6. Merge Pieces

When using the draw tool, sometimes it creates things as separate pieces and a way to make these pieces into one piece would be helpful. If you try to change the opacity as is it creates patches (as shown in the example) and it isn’t uniform if you need put it under/over something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. What you can do if this happens is to select the separate handwritten pieces that you want to join, and in the little menu that pops up, select “Group.” This will group – or merge – the various separate pieces into one. Hope this helps!

7. Enable Scribble feature for Apple pencil

this is meant to take advantage of the Apple Pencil so we should be able to use the scribble feature in place of using the onscreen keyboard. I thought this would be added automatically since this is a journal app. It would make adding text so much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More than one color in a calendar box

I would like there to be an option where you can have different colors or fonts in on box on the calendar images. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Landscape mode please!!

It will be very very aesthetically pleasing and interesting if we can use the app in landscape mode as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eyedrop color select for page styles.

I want to be able to use the eye drop tool to choose the exact color of my journal pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different music in tutorials

Just to say sometimes the music background in the tutorial starts to get on my last nerve. Perhaps a softer (classical) background would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You make a teacher where you are able to add the papers into one

Like so u can have it so it will be just one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a Teacher full journal currently in the app! It has all of the teacher templates together in a single journal, so it’s all there when you need it. Please start a new journal, and select “Start with a full journal.” Then tap the “Teacher Planner” journal. Hope you enjoy!

13. Copy page to new journal

I use this for taking notes at work. I’d like to be able to copy/tr ansfer pages to a new or existing journal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently. When you are in a journal, tap on the (…) icon on the bottom right of the page you want to duplicate. In the menu that opens, tap “duplicate.” When the page duplicates, tap the (…) icon again, and this time tap “Move.” You will be asked where you want to move the new page to. Choose an existing journal, or you can even create a new journal with this page. Hope this helps!

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

¡Puedes recuperar documentos eliminados en Zinnia! Si eliminó algo por error, desplácese hacia abajo hasta el final de su diario. Habrá un hipervínculo que dice “Páginas eliminadas”. Toca esto. Aquí puede encontrar todas las páginas que ha eliminado y puede recuperarlas. Si necesita más ayuda, comuníquese con support@zinniajournal.com. ¡Gracias!

16. Ability to paste from other apps

I need to be able to copy from another app and paste it to my journals on this app. I can copy from this app and paste to the other app but not vice versa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can absolutely copy and paste from any app into Zinnia. Just simply select the image from another app, copy it, and then once on a Zinnia page, tap the spread and then tap “paste” in the menu that opens. If you’re having any difficulties, please email our support team at support@zinniajournal.com and we’d be happy to help. Thanks!

17. Change colour of premade templates

Have colour options for preexisting templates to customize pages to better suit user personality

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many of the templates in the Studio can have their color changed! For any single-color content in the Studio, when you select it, on the bottom of the screen will show options for changing the color. If the content has more than 1 color (not including black or white), then you will only see options for adjusting opacity and not the color. Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

18. Ability to edit and customize premade templates

For example, made the text editable where it would say “Year” or “to-do” etc., delete parts of the template, recolor some elements

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently, with the ungroup feature! When you tap on a template on your spread, tap “ungroup” in the little popup menu. This will ungroup all of the various elements of the template, and you can remove certain parts of it, or recolor individual elements (if they are single-color). Enjoy!

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you can do in this case is resize the paper packs just slightly so they fill the entire page. You can also select the paper and adjust the opacity very slightly so you see the center binding line. If you do not want to reduce the opacity, you can choose any line or divider from the Studio, and place it over the center binding line, on top of the paper pack. Hope this helps!

20. pages going right to left!

i wish the pages could go right to left for those who write in different languages like arabic

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently! I personally have my oldest pages at the end of my journal and the newest pages at the top, and read my journal from right to left. When you are on the first page of your journal, you can swipe right to add a new page to the very start of your journal. Similarly, when you are on the last page of your journal, swipe left to add a new page to the very end of your journal. Hope this helps!

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base