Skip to content

Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

102 results found

1. Add stickers

The ability to add any sticker and also to have different folders for stickers, the ones already there and the ones added by us, also if we want to share stickers with everyone, a couple or no one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add any sticker that you like! You can find different stickers and various sites and easily add them into Zinnia either by copy-paste, drag and drop, or saving to your photo reel and importing as a photo. Have fun!

2. Import stickers

Be able to download sticker packs from Etsy and import them into the sticker section on your zinnia app

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently in Zinnia! You can take sticker packs from Etsy and bring them into Zinnia, either by copy-pasting, dragging-dropping, or saving to your photo reel and importing into Zinnia as a photo. You can then save your stickers to My Stuff. We are also working on a cropping tool so you will soon be able to bring in entire sticker sheets and crop individual stickers out. Hope this helps!

3. Customizable categories in "My Stuff"

Being able to put all the things saved into my stuff under tabs and in separate files would make it a lot easier to find what you need quickly. Being able to label these items and search them would be cool as well

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move page from one journal to another

Please make it easier to move journal pages between journals. Make it possible to copy and past data between journals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently! Tap on the ... icon on the page you are looking to move, and tap "move," then select the journal where you want it to go. You can also select any object on your page, copy it, and paste it into another journal.

5. Option to "Add to Zinnia" in other iOS apps

Hi there! I know you can copy paste images, but it would be great if I could click the add image button and there was an option to select a folder instead of just going to the photo reel.
    Copy/pasting from another app and then going back to the journals is clunky. Especially for an app with a yearly subscription.
    Also, I’d like to add multiple stickers at once like I can in GoodNotes. In GoodNotes you can add stickers to be used later. I’d like to do the same in Zinnia.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would love a lasso tool!

I’ve been using Notiability for my note taking and it’s one of my most used tools. I’ve had Zinnia for a day and already I keep going to use the lasso tool, particularly so I can adjust the duplicated weekly schedule without having to worry about rewriting everything if I miss something, or like how my base class schedule doesn’t change week to week, but extra events do, and it would make spacing and formatting so much easier for that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move things

I would be nice to be able to select strokes with a special pen for that and be able to move things around on the same page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Widget Feature

Please add a feature to have the widget so it can be added in the screen for iPhones and androids. Daily journaling with it would be a breeze or a custom page could be set when a widget is added and it would open directly to a plain customizable page.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync app between iPad and iPhone

I do all of my planning and journaling on my iPad, however it would be great to be able to access my journals and planner from my phone when I am out and about as I don’t often carry my iPad with me. For example, if I create a grocery list in my planner, I would like to be able to access my journal/planner and view that list on my phone when I am at the store.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import PNG files

I would love to have an option to import PNG files.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news!  The ability to import .PNG files was added in a recent update.  

Please make sure that you are on the latest version of Zinnia. To check  this, you can go into the App Store, search for Zinnia Journal, and see if there is a gray update button. If there is, please update to the  latest version.

Enjoy!

11. Health trackers like blood pressure, weight, blood sugar. Macros, carbs, calories, etc.

A few ideas:

• Template where you can see all of your vitals at a glance.
    • Templates to track weight or other health issues.
    • Daily login for vitamins taken and or medicine
    148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're excited to let you know you can now find health trackers in Zinnia! We have several Ready to Use Journals for tracking weight, fitness, and more. You can also find more content in the studio for tracking macros, calories, mental health, and other wellness-related content. Happy tracking! 

12. Move top icons away from new multitasking button

Since the apple software update there’s now a button on top of the screen to help split the screen but it’s annoying cus it gets in the way if it was moved to the side it would help

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our latest update, we moved the top icons slightly down from the new multitasking buttons so they're not SO in the way. Download the latest version in the App Store and let us know if this works better for you now. Thanks!

13. Single page view / vertical page

Would like the option to have a single page view where I can have my iPad and page in portrait mode. The two page view makes it hard to write on since it shows up so small. A single page view would allow me to use my full screen to view my current daily page.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hooray, the day is here! Zinnia now supports multiple page sizes, portrait and landscape orientations, and both single pages and double-page spreads. Please make sure to download the latest update to check them out!

14. "New page" icon at the top of your journal, not the bottom

When you open a journal and you want to add a new page. You can open that new page from the beginning of the journal instead of having to scroll through all the pages to get to the ads new page feature does my head in every single time

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Click links without having to also click ‘go to link’

I want to be able to navigate throughout journals quickly and when I click a link I have to also click go to link. It’d be nice to be able to turn that off and just go to link without having to click that. I’m trying to switch from zinnia from Goodnotes and this is a must if I’m going to make the switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tabbed journals with dividers, index hyperlinks, or table of contents

Being able to click between dates in your journal or entries to help organise (which can also mean tabbed journals are an option) would be fantastic.

1,072 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Thanks to everyone for your amazing feedback on these features.
    • We now have linking in Zinnia, and have been adding more and more tabs in the Studio, so you can now manually create your own dividers and linkable tabs. 
    • This feature request seems to be a blending of a few different requests, so I have created a new request called "Automatic index and table of contents," which you can access and upvote here if you'd like. I'm going to close this feature request since we have implemented linking and tabbed dividers in the Studio. I have also collected all of the comments and feedback and have referenced them with the team. Appreciate all of you!!!
  17. Distribute & justify text options

Comparable to left/center/right text alignment. Spreads/spaces out words and/or paragraphs to fit the full text box margin to margin!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Place images from folder

I have my phone backup in dropbox and it would be great if you could add a photo/image from a file folder either on the ipad or in a cloud folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently! Just go to your folder on your device, select the image, copy, and paste into Zinnia. You can also do a split-screen with Dropbox or whatever file folder you are using, along with Zinnia, and drag and drop the images into your journal. Hope this helps!

19. 76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More Moodboard Cards

I would enjoy seeing more moodboard cards for those of us who aren’t creative enough to make our own!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Zinnia