Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

1. Create stickers

I wish I could create my own stickers or import stickers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can absolutely do this in Zinnia currently :) You can import any stickers you have on your device, from other apps, or from the web. All you need to do is copy the sticker from wherever you found it, and paste into Zinnia – it’s that easy! You can also make your own stickers within Zinnia by combining different Studio content, handwritten elements, and drawings you make in the app. You can do this by “grouping” different elements together to combine and make 1 great sticker! Hope you enjoy!

2. Frequently used fonts

Have a space in the font menu to save the most commonly used fonts so I don’t have to scroll through the whole list of wonderful fonts in order to find the one I used before.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A monthly ‘community inspiration board’ Feature in Zinnia Studio

It would be wonderful if there was a section within Zinnia Studio where community members could submit templates, journaling spreads and creations to be posted on a shared community board (perhaps once or twice monthly?). In addition to the monthly releases and editorials, this would drive creativity and new ideas throughout the Zinnia journaling community.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this wonderful idea, and to everyone who voted. We really loved this suggestion, so we recently added our first “Community Spotlight” editorial in the Studio! We plan on highlighting particularly beautiful or creative spreads made by Zinnia users once a month in the Studio, and we also post fabulous spreads on our Instagram page daily. We really adore the stuff the community is creating and it’s been so inspiring to see what you all are making! Looking forward to continue highlighting the most creative user community on the planet :)

4. Copy page to new journal

I use this for taking notes at work. I’d like to be able to copy/tr ansfer pages to a new or existing journal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently. When you are in a journal, tap on the (…) icon on the bottom right of the page you want to duplicate. In the menu that opens, tap “duplicate.” When the page duplicates, tap the (…) icon again, and this time tap “Move.” You will be asked where you want to move the new page to. Choose an existing journal, or you can even create a new journal with this page. Hope this helps!

5. Transfer

I work on journals with a friend. We both have the yearly subscription. We would love it if we were able to share our journals with each other as zinnia files instead of PDF files OR be able to share the same account so that we could both work on our journals together

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You do have the capability to send your journals to your friend! We’d be happy to walk you through the steps, so please email our support team at support@zinniajournal.com so we can chat and help you send your journal to your friend. This forum is monitored for feature requests only and isn’t checked as frequently as email support is. Thanks!

6. Import files and personal artwork

I use procreate and have multiple digital clip art, art, etc. how can I import

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You absolutely can import any personal artwork or images into Zinnia. The easiest way is to do copy/paste. You can copy any image from Procreate or digital art apps and then once in Zinnia, tap “paste” on one of your spreads. You can also drag and drop assets from one app into Zinnia, if you are in Split Screen mode with both apps open. Lastly, if you save images onto your device photo reel, you can import the images by using our photo picker. Hope this helps!

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually already do this in Zinnia :) When you have an object selected, at the bottom of the screen are icons for moving the object in front, or behind, other objects. If you long-hold the “in-front” button, the object selected will move in front of all other objects and move to the very top. Same for long-holding the “behind” button – this will move the object all the way to back. Hope this helps!

8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You do have the capability to make journals you can sell or send to others to use. We’d be happy to walk you through the steps, so please email our support team at support@zinniajournal.com so we can chat and help you send your journal to your friend. This forum is monitored for feature requests only and isn’t checked as frequently as email support is. Thanks!

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Templates for note-taking and meeting agendas

Templates for setting mtg agendas and then taking notes at meetings. Also being able to take notes for school and use the washi tape, stickers, etc. makes it so much more fun. Templates specifically for notes would be awesome

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback! Over the past few months we have added tons of new templates perfect for taking notes. In the Studio, navigate to Templates > Trackers > Note to see a bunch of cool options. You can also look in Trackers > Productivity, and Trackers > Blank Slate for other options. Hope this helps!

11. Ability to edit and customize premade templates

For example, made the text editable where it would say “Year” or “to-do” etc., delete parts of the template, recolor some elements

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently, with the ungroup feature! When you tap on a template on your spread, tap “ungroup” in the little popup menu. This will ungroup all of the various elements of the template, and you can remove certain parts of it, or recolor individual elements (if they are single-color). Enjoy!

12. pages going right to left!

i wish the pages could go right to left for those who write in different languages like arabic

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently! I personally have my oldest pages at the end of my journal and the newest pages at the top, and read my journal from right to left. When you are on the first page of your journal, you can swipe right to add a new page to the very start of your journal. Similarly, when you are on the last page of your journal, swipe left to add a new page to the very end of your journal. Hope this helps!

13. Merge Pieces

When using the draw tool, sometimes it creates things as separate pieces and a way to make these pieces into one piece would be helpful. If you try to change the opacity as is it creates patches (as shown in the example) and it isn’t uniform if you need put it under/over something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. What you can do if this happens is to select the separate handwritten pieces that you want to join, and in the little menu that pops up, select “Group.” This will group – or merge – the various separate pieces into one. Hope this helps!

14. Maintain same font, color and size in the section you are working in.

If you move to another section where you had previously been working in, automatically adjust to the font, size and color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! Font, color and size should stay the same when you are moving around a template, so what you uncovered was actually a bug. Our developers have fixed it and in the latest release, this should be working much better for you. If it’s not, please email us at support@zinniajournal.com so we can get our developers a bit more information. Thanks so much!

15. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Scribble feature for Apple pencil

this is meant to take advantage of the Apple Pencil so we should be able to use the scribble feature in place of using the onscreen keyboard. I thought this would be added automatically since this is a journal app. It would make adding text so much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Searchable FAQ

I want to rename a journal, but am unable to use the tutorials or FAQ to find the answer.

Feature request: FAQ with a search field to enter keywords...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this awesome request. We totally agreed that this would be really helpful, so in our last update we just released a new User Guide / FAQ that is searchable! In Zinnia, on the main Journals screen, tap the … in the upper right, then tap “Help,” then “User Guide.” At the top of the userguide is a magnifying glass icon, which is where you can add search terms. Hope this helps!

18. More than one color in a calendar box

I would like there to be an option where you can have different colors or fonts in on box on the calendar images. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sliding scale for text sizing

"a sliding scale for text size versus + and -"

posted for Jolene Hertzler

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who voted for this feature! In our latest update, we now added sliders to adjust text size and line spacing :) Try it out by selecting text and navigating to the text styles menu. And for greater control, access size presets, +/- nudge buttons, and reset line spacing in the > submenu. Hope you enjoy!

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you can do in this case is resize the paper packs just slightly so they fill the entire page. You can also select the paper and adjust the opacity very slightly so you see the center binding line. If you do not want to reduce the opacity, you can choose any line or divider from the Studio, and place it over the center binding line, on top of the paper pack. Hope this helps!

• Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base