Skip to content

Zinnia

Thank you for being a member of Zinnia's creative journaling community!

Please submit your requests for future features or content you’d like to see in Zinnia (with 1 idea or comment per submission). Feel free to submit as many comments, feature requests, content suggestions, etc. as you'd like! You can also browse the forums to vote on submissions and discuss one another’s ideas.

We will be carefully reviewing every submission that finds its way here, so your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We want to make Zinnia the best creative journaling app in the App Store!

102 results found

1. Multi select lasso tool

This isn't working for me anymore. Is there a fix?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bulk add my own clipart

I want it to be unique and there's simply not enough options for an avid user

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable Zinnia to be open twice in split-screen mode on iPad

Similar to Microsoft Word, it would be amazing to be able to open Zinnia twice to reference multiple journals or pages at the same time (example, I could have my journal’s calendar open while I look at my notes from a school notebook to cross-reference upcoming quiz dates).

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Crop, mask, or erase parts of content and photos

Just a few examples: I would definitely want to apply, for instance, a paper texture behind (or into) a frame. If the frame is hand-drawn I may want to create a mask that follows the contours of the frame. Or if the frame and texture are of different proportions I may want to crop the texture so it fits. Or I may not want to scale the texture down, so I would create a mask to reveal a portion of the texture at 100% of size.

712 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More stickers

I would like more stickers. Tired of the same ones so purchasable sticker packs or member unlockable

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move pages between journals

I have a few journals going and I accidentally created a page in the wrong journal…so I tried to move it but couldn’t.

I would like the ability to easily move pages or content from one journal to another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can definitely do this in Zinnia :) When you are in the pages view (where you see all pages in a single journal), tap on the page you want to move, then tap the "move" button. You can then decide what journal you want to add this page to.

7. Dictation.

Dictation please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save events and live-sync to digital calendars

Save events and sync to different digital calendars: Apple Calendar, Google Cal, Outlook Calendar, etc.

355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So excited to announce this was just released in our latest update! We've added a feature called "Calendar Events" that allows you to save an event in Zinnia and sync it to your Apple iCal or Google Calendar. Enjoy!

9. The option to import fonts

I would love to have the option to import different fonts from different sites . Because recently I added my own handwriting font to my iPad but I significantly want it to have this feature since sometimes I want to type my spreads instead of manually writing it down . Overall I am very pleased with the app and it’s working very well . However , if this feature is out I would use this app a lot more .... please consider this important . Thanks .

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re very happy to announce you can now use your own fonts in Zinnia! In our latest update, we have changed our font picker so Zinnia will recognize any custom fonts that you have installed on your device. There are many articles online that show you how to get your own fonts on your iOS devices (here’s a good one – https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/add-custom-fonts-on-an-iphone-or-ipad). Hope this helps!
    - Rebecca, Product Manager

10. Dates and time and the mood

If possible have the dates and time and the mood, when I write on a single page, like a little introduction at the beginning or the end of the page, easy to add or delete in case no one need it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have tons of content where you can add the date, time, and mood to each of your pages. We have some really small planner icons where can add this info and then copy-paste it to each of your pages. You can also make your own, by finding what you like in templates, ungrouping the template, and then taking the elements you want and apply them to your pages. You can also "group" these elements together, then save to My Stuff, for easy access. Hope this helps!

11. Ability to go back to sticker packs through a sticker

When selecting a sticker that I have in a journal, I would like to be able to choose something like “see this sticker pack” so I can easily get similar stickers to the one I am using without searching back through all of the sticker packs.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to you all, we took this idea and ran with it :) Our latest update includes a way to navigate to the full pack that a sticker comes from! Find it in search within the Studio, by long-holding your finger on any search result. You can then tap to find the related pack, and you will navigate to the full pack to see all related content. Hope you enjoy!

12. import images from files

It would be helpful if I could import images from files rather than the photos app on my ipad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in Zinnia currently! Just go into your Files app, select the image, copy, and then paste into Zinnia. If you're having any difficulties with this, definitely email us so we can help you out. Thanks!

13. Support for PDF templates and purchased digital planners

Add support to import PDF templates into Zinnia. For example, the PDF journal templates you can purchase on Etsy

539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 481 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Get excited – passcodes are here! We just released our latest app update TODAY and it includes a brand new passcode option. Now you can keep your app safe from prying eyes :) We can’t thank you all enough for your votes and comments on this feature request – it is because of YOU that we worked on developing this feature and getting it into the app. We appreciate this fabulous Zinnia community more than you know <3

15. Sync button

An option to force syncing because the app never seems to do it on its own

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More non-journalling items

I don’t really use Zinnia for it’s journalling feature, so more items aimed at other things would be nice. (I use mine for notetaking and reading journalling as I read a lot of books).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add basic shapes & frames in regular photo size ratios

Of the existing basic shapes and frames available, hardly any conform to the most often used photo size ratios 4:3, 3:2 and 16:9. It would be great to have a number of those available so they can be used as frames for imported photographs.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back the Draw With Apple Pencil Only setting

I understand how Apple Pencil Always Draw setting works but that’s not the same thing… btw, your how to use guide shows the old setting

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re in luck! In the latest update of Zinnia, we have added in more advanced settings for Apple Pencil, including drawing with the pencil only. Please make sure you update the app so you can enjoy the settings. :)

19. Alignment tool

To help align stickers, text boxes, and other content to the page and in respect to one another

445 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Super excited to announce we have a new alignment tool in our latest app update! And it’s because of YOU that we added in this feature, so thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your votes, comments, and feedback on what you are looking for. Our new alignment tool helps you align your images, stickers, and other assets to one another, for a more organized-looking spread. The alignment options appear at the bottom toolbar when you have more than one object selected in the editor. We hope you enjoy this feature and thank you all again!

20. Feature to choose specific notebooks to sync via icloud

Currently when the option to sync via icloud is on, all the notebooks are automatically synced and it takes too much space. Feature to choose specific notebooks to sync would be good.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently with our new "offline access" feature, however it is at the page level, not the journal level. Select individual pages that you'd like to be stored on your local device rather than on the cloud. You could enable every page in a journal to be available offline, so that in effect that entire journal is available offline.

• Don't see your idea?

Zinnia

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base